Eco Friendly Values
The concern for environmental care and preservation of the environment has been a priority since our inception, adapting our processes to create eco-friendly artificial grass models. At Realturf, we understand that the sustainability of our way of life and its necessary balance with the environment necessitates concrete actions and tangible measures. Our sustainability strategy focuses on three priority areas:
1. Become a Circular Company: Extend the overall life of products and materials in more intelligent ways. Turn waste products into resources and reduce the dump materials to zero. We have become the first company in the industry to receive the Zero Waste Certificate in 2019.
The Zero Waste Certificate checks the traceability of the waste, the recycling %, and the waste recovery in relation to the total production.
2.100% Recyclable Products: The creation of eco-designed products in all phases: conception, design, materials, production, use, longevity, and recyclability of the product; and avoiding the transfer of environmental impact between stages.
The certificate granted by the CSIC, Consejo Superior de Investigación Científica (Higher Council for Scientific Research) guarantees our products are fully recyclable and our full commitment to this task.
3. Ongoing Commitment- ISO 14.000: Our commitment with the environment is reflected in the daily work that follows the ISO-14.000 standards. This includes environmental management applied to all business areas. It also aims to standardize the production process and services that protect our environment. At Realturf we are committed in improving the environment by doing the following:
- Waste recycling
- Reduction of the Carbon footprint
- Reduction of the Water footprint
- Promoting the use of Renewable energies
- Raising awareness and educating our teams
Reducing our footprint
Continuing with our ongoing commitment, at Realturf, we strive every day to build a better environment for you and your loved ones by reducing our impact and undertaking actions to offset our inevitable carbon footprint.
To achieve this, we have enrolled in the Ministry for Ecological Transition and Demographic Challenge’s plan to analyze our impact and implement actions in accordance with the results. The plan consists of three parts:
We are extremely proud to announce that this year, we will offset the entirety of our carbon footprint through our #SocialTurf.
Our Eco Values
In addition to these strategic environmental essentials, at Realturf we go further and work to promote and inspire the entire work chain from raw material suppliers to final product installers.
Our objective is to create a “Trend of our ecofriendly values” where we all contribute to improve our environment so that we can achieve great positive changes in Our Planet.
We confirm our commitment to work further in creating the work chain so that we can all take part in:
- Proper waste management and the commitment to achieve zero waste.
- The basic documentation of waste management, contracts with managers, and contracts involving Zero Waste Dumping.
- Identifying any legal requirements.
- Identifying the waste generated by the company.
- Improved planning process to generate less waste.
- Review the percentage of waste that goes to dumps, recovery, recycling and re-using.
- Preventive measures taken by the company.
- Objectives in achieving Zero Waste.
We have a triple objective.
That’s why we offer to work with sustainable products and solutions such as eco-friendly artificial turf, which enables all of us in the value chain to actively engage with the environment, pursuing a triple objective:
Moreover, our packaging for artificial turf rolls is made from 100% recycled plastic materials.
#SocialTurf and the Environment
Cleaning Coasts with "Mocho Costero"
In 2021, we engaged in various social initiatives, one of which was focused on the environment. We volunteered to assist in cleaning the central breakwater at the mouth of the Segura River on the beaches of Guardamar.
This endeavor would not have been possible without the collaboration of “Mocho Costero,” a group that organizes beach and coastal cleaning initiatives through the participation of volunteers from the Vega Baja region in Alicante. At Realturf, we wanted to get involved by sponsoring the event and actively participating to raise awareness about the issue of plastic and waste pollution in our seas and oceans.
Around 140 people gathered, and together, we collected over 2000 kg of trash. We hope that with each passing day, there will be less to collect, indicating cleaner seas and oceans. Our commitment to environmental conservation remains unwavering, and we will continue to support and participate in initiatives like these to protect our precious marine ecosystems.
#socialturf offsetting the carbon footprint
Reforestation and Cleanup at Monte Orgegia
In 2022, we began a new environmental initiative: reforestation at Monte Orgegia in Alicante.
Many colleagues from Realturf, along with their family and friends, participated in planting holm oaks and shrubs to combat deforestation. Additionally, we collected over 1 ton of waste and plastics on the same morning. Our objectives were clear: to offset the environmental impact we produce and to raise awareness about such actions to encourage other companies to contribute and actively participate.
Encounters like this allow us to become more conscious of the need to care for nature. It is essential for companies to be committed to the social environment in which they operate and to take inspiration from associations like Actuamos Alicante and the volunteers who generously offer their help in necessary causes to protect our planet.